Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I am (not) afraid

I recently got back on the Internet (yesterday), and in an effort to get me back in the swing of things, my friend Garret told be I should get a blog. I told him I didn't like to commit to anything especially in writing for fear of later, if my views were to change, being called a liar or a hypocrite. Garret said "Whatever, we're all hypocrites." That got me to thinking, and I decided that it was okay to go back on my opinions and views for one very good reason: The fluidity of life. I look around me and everything is constantly changing. Not in a forward, progressive way...But needlessly and superfluously. Food products always say "Great New Look! Same Great Taste!" Doritos "Nacho Cheesier" and "Cooler Ranch" flavors have now been toned down to just "Nacho Cheese" and "Cool Ranch" for no real reason. The comic books I read and love are always changing...The entire Marvel universe just went through some "House of M" bullshit involving a mutant utopia, Spiderman's costume has recently changed YET AGAIN, and the DC universe, after being changed in the 80's with the Ifinity Crisis storyline, is going to change again with the "Identity Crisis" storyline. Technology is always changing, not so much for the better, but just allowing people to carry more stupid gadgets on their person, ie. ipods and those cell phone ear things (bluetooth?) that make people look like borgs. So why can't my veiws, which have no great impact on the world or even my own life, change whenever the hell I feel like it? So If I ever say anything that I contradict or someone convinces me I'm wrong and I shift view points, there is one reason I will give that cannot be argued: The fluidity of life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home