Thursday, February 02, 2006

The state I am in

As I said, I just got online yesterday, technicaly two days ago. Here's what led up to that. I purchased a computer from a coworker about a month ago, which came with a wireless adapter. The antenna wasnt able to pick up any signal. He got me a better one. I could pick up networks, but was unable to connect. I tried moving the computer all over my place trying to get a better signal. nothing was working. I even looked up how to make an antenna out of a Pringles can(never tried it, though). The other day, on a whim, I moved it to a spot I hadtried before. At first nothing, then late that night I managed to get online just long enough to open the google web page. that was it. The next day I was able to achieve full connectivity. The rest is history. Now, the computers on the floor, and the antenna is on a window sill. In order to get the signal, the window has to be open. This is unfortunate due to the cold winter weather,. It has been raining this whole time, and I have to keep wiping the rain water off of the antenna. I couldn't be happier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home