Thursday, February 09, 2006

Everything's coming up Phil!

Yesterday I weighed myself. I don't do this very often, because it's always the same, 180, but once in a while I'm curious. Turns out since last I weighed myself I somehow lost ten pounds! woo-hoo! I don't mind being fat, but being skinny is better. When I got home from work I found that my friend Bethany had given me a steak from her work. She owed me food for giving her a ride to the airport a while ago. I'm a fan of the barter system. I seasoned it and cooked it up today. It was GREAT! Back in September I sent a money order for $189 to the Arcata police department for some parking tickets. I wrote down which citations they were for. They sent it back, saying I put down the wrong citation numbers. So I said fuck it, cashed the MO and forgot about it. Recently they sent a letter to my mother saying something about how I still owed and I would owe more if blah blah blah. So I bit the bullet and sent them a money order for $200 asking if I owed more and even told them to keep the change if there was any. Jump forward to today. I checked my mail and there was an envelope from Arcata. "oh, no," I thought. I opened it and the firts thing I saw was "Warning". That warning, however, was to bank tellers, telling them not to cash the check if they didn't see a watermark. It was a check! For $79!!! Apparently I only owed them $121. This was perfect timing as I only had $20 cash to my name and payday is a week away. Eveything's coming up PHIL!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home