Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Notes on a night out

A few nights ago, Friday I think,...that would be the 10th, I went with my friend Jake to meet our friend Garrett downtown before we went to a show of a girl Jake knew. I'm not sure how he met her, but I know that they are Myspace friends (note the mention of myspace. It comes up a few times). We met at a mexican food restaurant on the corner of 2nd and Bell called Mama's Mexican Kitchen. The food was good, moderatley priced, and the service was excellent.l Luckily Jake and I arrived just before a big rush and got to sit without waiting. After waiting for Garrett for a while we dicided to order without him. It was commented that this would cause him to arrive, and when the very personable server took our order, she said the same thing. Lo and behold...minutes later Garrett arrived. The server was kind enough to get his order in with ours. I don't remember what we talked about. I was eating. I do remember that the bill was $33.33. I thought that seemed interesting as there were three of us, but to my suprise Garrett seemed to think nothing of it. I don't remember the breakdown of the bill, but I bet his lack of interest in such an inane coincidence was because his meal was the cheapest (i dont know if thats true) and he didn't like the idea of the bill being split equally three ways (I love you, Garrett). One thing I do remember about this night, and I suppose that includes the dinner conversation, was the number of times certain words and phrases came up that I would never expect to hear from either myself or Jake. Myspace (see?), blogging, file sharing, all these internet terms. I wasn't suprised to hear them from Garret at all, as he's been in the know for a while now. For me, on the other hand, it's fairly new. As for Jake, I would never expect to hear him talk about these things, but he always suprises me. It makes sense, however, because it seems he tends to adapt well to new resources such as the internet. We proceeded to go to the show. We paid $5 at the door and got a stamp on our right inside wrist, as seems to be the custom at "the door" wherever you go. There is very little for me to say about the actual show. I'm not very good at reviewing music, I'm not sure why. It may have something to do with a lack of adjectives or knowledge of musicians in general. I don't know music, but I know what I like. I like the music I heared that night, but I wouldn't buy an album...or pay to see another show. Anyway, I realised that I don't like Heinekin. I'm tired, I'll finish this later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home