Friday, May 19, 2006

Review # 30: "Filthy Gorgeous" by Scissor Sisters

I’ve wanted to hear this song since my friend Betsy, playing off my nickname Filthy called me Filthy Gorgeous, also adding a variation on the name, Filgore. The song has a driving disco beat that is usually good for listening to headphones and walking down the street. The lyrics, mostly about drugs and sex, don’t quite apply to me as I am only filthy in the sense that I am a humongous slob. The vocal styling also started to grate on me about two minutes into the song. Then there was a spoken word part that leaves much to be desired, as most spoken word peices do. After that there is a breakdown that makes the song just too long, then back to the verses. So, to sum it up, I don’t really dig the song.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, phil this is all really cool.

5/19/2006 11:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home