Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Review #32: Simply Asia Garlic Sesame Rice Noodle Bowl

The biggest problem I have with this product is that I’m not sure where a garlic-sesame rice noodle bowl comes from. China? Japan? Taiwan? The answer…Simply Asia. Let’s just lump ‘em all together, just like McDonalds Asian Salad ad where a CG black woman says “Think asian…” I may not be totally right here, but aren’t PEOPLE asian and THINGS are oriental? To-MAY-to, Toe-MAH-toe, I guess. The formula for this soup is very similar to the old Cup o’ Noodle that everyone loves, except the seasoning, freeze dried veggies, and some oil all come in different packets. Empty them, add hot water, wait 3 min, etc, etc. The flavor of the soup isn’t bad. I don’t know what authentic rice noodles taste like but after years of ramen I have to say they are a little firm for my taste. The little carrot bits were still crunchy which is fine if they were fresh, but with freeze dried, I just expect more…squishiness. This soup bowl was okay. I think it was only $1.15, but next time I’ll go with Maruchan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home