Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Review # 5: Imitation crab

Here's the problem with this review : I'm not sure what REAL crab tastes like. But I've had crab cakes, the kind in fried wanton, and other brands of imitation crab. So i'm an expert now. Anyway, the main fish substance in imitaion crab is pollock, wich I'm sure is some bottom feeding shit-eater. oh, well, I like pork products and that can't be much better. There is also crab flavoring, artificial colors and eggs. There are more ingredients, but I don't care about that. The cost of this sample of fake crab was $8.99/lb, but at .27 lbs I paid less than $3. I got it at Ken's market in Queen Anne. If you know me, you know why. The kind I got before was from Safeway and was aquired on usually ony drunken or stoned nights, so I have little recolection of the ingredients or price, but it must have been cheap if KC and I were eating it. As you may have guessed, the faux crab I got tonight was like any other faux crab I've had. It was flaky, it had this smooth buttery tase to it, it only tases good on a wheat thin...but the texture unfortunatley was more...textured. It was rougher. There's something bittersweet about eating imitation crab by itself..it's kinda good. It's kinda gross. Sadly, this enhanced texture intensified the gross part a little (intensified a little?). Would I buy it again...Not to like, impress a date or anything, but like I said...drunken stoned nights.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home