Friday, June 09, 2006

review #35: History Channel's True Crime Authors: Helter Skelter and Vincent Bugliosi

Note: If you thought there was a review of pot here before, you were probably high. I find serial killers interesting. Perhaps it’s because they are a factor that is just randomly floating about the world. Odds are, you and I WON’T be killed by a serial killer, but the fact that it is a real possibility, just like getting in a car crash, is intriguing. So I watched this History Channel show I got from the library about Vincent Bugliosi, the prosecutor in the Charles Manson case and author of Helter Skelter, the true crime book about the murders. The show was only an hour long so I didn’t expect it to get too in-depth which it didn’t, but it touched on all the important aspects and interested me enough to see the movie Helter Skelter. If I wasn’t so lazy I’d say I’d read the book, but… There were some real photos of the crimes which I think were made a bit fuzzy to hide the gore, and some re-enacted photos that were seemingly historically accurate. The actors in some dramatic re-enactments were funny, especially Charlie on acid. If I had cable I would probably watch this show, which showcases different true crime writers, if nothing else was on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home