Monday, June 19, 2006

Review # 40: My Meatballs (tee hee hee)

I decided to make meatballs last night, but the last time I made them I was at home with the Joy of Cooking at hand. This time, however, I was at work and had to kind of guess at what I needed. Some things I forgot went into them were eggs and bread, so thank God I still had these things from when I had planned to make egg salad earlier in the day. I mixed the bread, egg, ground beef and some Worcestershire sauce in a bowl then formed the balls. They seemed more…wet than when I had made them before. I remained undaunted. I boiled them in plain old water. I should’ve used broth or vegetable stock. I’ve used instant onion soup before and that turned out okay. I actually threw some Wyler’s bouillon crystals in this time, but it made no difference. All in all they came out okay. I cooked them longer than the book said in addition to throwing out most of the recipe and doing it by ear. They were kind of bland, but I threw them into some roasted pepper and tomato soup. It was pretty good, but I felt sick while eating them. Probably because I was watching Lawnmower Man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home